Cooking Workshop: Let's Eat Real Fast Food
An introduction to harvesting, cooking and eating real food
Explore delicious and nutritious recipes that can be quickly whipped up quickly with your fresh harvest. Local farmers will also be sharing the nutritional value in local plants and ways to grow local edible herbs and greens that require little maintenance for the busy-bees. Take home a pot of local plant that is both easy to care for and edible to embark on your healthy fast food journey.
- How should I harvest a plant or fruit? Does it kill the plant if I harvest the food?
- What can I cook with the harvested herbs? What nutritional value do they contain?
- How can I prepare fast and fuss free meals?
- Can I use local plants and herbs for western culinary dishes?
- Lunch will be provided as part of this workshop.
• Clam Sawtooth Corriander Salad
• Brazillian Spinach Risotto
• Butterfly Pea Flower Panna Cotta
Embark on a journey with Co-create on Stevens with a series of fun and interactive "Eat Your Garden workshops" complete with cooking demonstration, pot of "easy care" local herb and take home recipe cards.
Discover Local Events: Eat Your Garden Series
Starting Your Urban Farm - 3 August 2019
Nurturing and Growing Your Urban Farm - 17 August 2019
Composting for Your Urban Farm - 24 August 2019
Let's Eat Real Fast Food - 31 August 2019
- The event description was updated. Diff#467023 2019-08-29 02:20:10